Consonant blends and digraphs
- B.1 Complete the word with the correct initial consonant blend
- B.2 Complete the word with the correct final consonant blend
- B.3 Spell the word with a consonant blend
- B.4 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ch, sh, th
- B.5 Complete the word with the correct digraph: ph, qu, wh
- B.6 Spell the digraph word: ch, sh, th
- B.7 Spell the digraph word: ph, qu, wh
- B.8 Sort by initial consonant blend or digraph
- B.9 Complete the word with a three-letter consonant blend
- B.10 Complete the sentence with a three-letter consonant blend word
- B.11 Complete the words with silent letters
Short and long vowels
- D.1 Sort short and long vowel words
- D.2 Match the short a and long a words to pictures
- D.3 Match the short e and long e words to pictures
- D.4 Choose the short i or long i word that matches the picture
- D.5 Choose the short o or long o word that matches the picture
- D.6 Choose the short u or long u word that matches the picture
- D.7 Use spelling patterns to sort long and short vowel words
- D.8 Is the syllable open or closed?
- D.9 Spell words with open and closed syllables
- D.10 Complete the sentence with the correct -ild, -ind, -old, -olt or -ost word
- E.1 Choose the silent e word that matches the picture
- E.2 Complete the silent e words
- E.3 Spell the silent e word
- E.4 Choose the picture that matches the vowel team word
- E.5 Complete the vowel team words
- E.6 Complete the word with the correct vowel team
- E.7 Choose the vowel team sentence that matches the picture
- E.8 Choose the words with a given long vowel
- E.9 Spell the long a word: silent e, ai, ay
- E.10 Spell the long e word: ee, ea
- E.11 Spell the long i word: silent e, ie, y
- E.12 Spell the long o word: silent e, oa, ow
- E.13 Spell the long u word: silent e, ue, oo, ew
Diphthongs: oi, oy, ou, ow
- J.1 How many syllables does the word have?
- J.2 Sort by the number of syllables
- J.3 Put two syllables together to create a word
- J.4 Complete the two-syllable words
- J.5 Complete the sentence with a two-syllable word
- J.6 Complete the consonant-l-e words
- J.7 Choose the correct spelling of the consonant-l-e word
- J.8 Spell the consonant-l-e word
- L.1 Is the sentence a statement, question, command or exclamation?
- L.2 Identify the subject of a sentence
- L.3 Identify the predicate of a sentence
- L.4 Is it a complete sentence or a fragment?
- L.5 Is it a complete sentence or a run-on?
- L.6 Is it a complete sentence, a fragment or a run-on?
- L.7 Unscramble the words to make a complete sentence
- M.1 Select the nouns
- M.2 Which word is a noun?
- M.3 Identify nouns
- M.4 Sort common and proper nouns
- M.5 Identify common and proper nouns
- M.6 Form regular plurals with -s and -es
- M.7 Use regular plurals with -s and -es
- M.8 Use singular and plural nouns
- M.9 Is the noun singular or plural?
- M.10 Form and use irregular plurals
- M.11 Identify plurals, singular possessives and plural possessives
- M.12 Form the singular or plural possessive
- M.13 Identify and correct errors with plural and possessive nouns
- N.1 Identify personal pronouns
- N.2 Choose between subject and object personal pronouns
- N.3 Replace the singular noun with a personal pronoun
- N.4 Replace the plural noun with a personal pronoun
- N.5 Compound subjects and objects with "I" and "me"
- N.6 Choose the correct personal pronoun
- N.7 Identify possessive pronouns
- N.8 Use possessive pronouns
- N.9 Choose between personal and reflexive pronouns
- N.10 Use reflexive pronouns
- O.1 Use action verbs
- O.2 Identify action verbs
- O.3 Identify helping verbs
- O.4 One or more than one?
- O.5 Use the correct subject or verb
- O.6 Pronoun-verb agreement
- O.7 Which sentence is in the regular past tense?
- O.8 Identify verbs in the regular past tense
- O.9 Form and use the regular past tense
- O.10 Change the sentence to future tense
- O.11 Identify the irregular past tense I
- O.12 Identify the irregular past tense II
- O.13 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 1
- O.14 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 2
- O.15 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 3
- O.16 Form and use the irregular past tense: set 4
- O.17 Complete the word with the ending that you hear
- O.18 Match the -ed and -ing sentences to the pictures
- O.19 To be: use the correct present tense form
- O.20 To be: use the correct past tense form
- O.21 To be: use the correct form
- O.22 To have: use the correct form
- O.23 Place sentences with irregular verbs on a timeline
- O.24 Is the sentence in the past, present or future tense?
Adjectives and adverbs
- Q.1 Use sense words
- Q.2 Does the adjective tell you what kind or how many?
- Q.3 Identify the adjective that describes the noun
- Q.4 Identify adjectives
- Q.5 Identify comparative and superlative adjectives
- Q.6 Does the adverb tell you how, when or where?
- Q.7 Identify adverbs
- Q.8 Choose between adjectives and adverbs
- Q.9 Is the word an adjective or adverb?
Transitions and sequence
Punctuation and capitalization
- W.1 Use context to identify the meaning of a word
- W.2 Choose the synonym
- W.3 Which sentence has the same meaning?
- W.4 Find synonyms in context
- W.5 Choose the antonym
- W.6 Which sentence uses an antonym?
- W.7 Find antonyms in context
- W.8 Sort words into categories
- W.9 Find the words with related meanings
- W.10 Which word is not like the others?
- W.11 Describe the difference between related words
- W.12 Order related words based on meaning
- W.13 Form compound words
- W.14 Form and use compound words
- W.15 Multiple-meaning words with pictures
- W.16 Homophones with pictures
- W.17 Identify homophones
- W.18 Use the correct homophone
- W.19 Identify base words, prefixes and suffixes
- W.20 Determine the meaning of a word with pre-, re- or mis-
- W.21 Use the prefixes pre-, re- and mis-
- W.22 Determine the meaning of a word with -ful or -less
- W.23 Prefixes and suffixes: review